This is my first try at this, and I am late already! It’s after 1:00 a.m. Sunday but I started trying to upload my pictures well before dark. I have a new computer and have been struggling for a couple of months now to figure out how to upload and edit photos on it. Now I HAVE to figure it out! As I’m a night owl, I’m going to hope that after midnight will be okay at least for this first time.
- Cucumber flowers on the fence. I hope I might get a cucumber or maybe two before the plants fizzle out, but cucumber beetles are making that outcome unlikely, and high temperatures don’t help. Meanwhile the flowers are pretty, I think.
2. A bumblebee collecting pollen from catnip flowers. Glad I didn’t harvest all the catnip! The bees were out there going crazy on what I left for them, today. Now it can reseed, too.
3. Bumblebees like this monarda, too. I think it’s pretty tasty, myself, in tea.
4. A pink gladiolus flower wrapped against the trellis by a bean plant. Better than staking, I think.
5. Blueberries that should be getting ripe soon, if we get some more rain. But usually the birds harvest most of these before I can get to them. That’s okay – they’re raising babies and looking everywhere for something healthy to eat.
6. Bumblebee on oregano flowers. We have other types of bees in the garden, too, but the bumblebees sit still long enough to take their picture!
To see links from all those posters who shared six photos from their gardens today (on time!) jump to The Propagator : https://thepropagatorblog.wordpress.com/2018/06/23/six-on-saturday-23-06-2018/
Hope I did this right!